Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Cultural difference in foods

 When I went to a Vietnamese restaurant with my friends, I noticed that some kids weren't able to use chopsticks. All the kids from western Asian countries were able to use chopsticks very easily. However, all of my friends are not from these countries. They were using chopsticks like forks, and this looked so funny to me. I haven't seen any of my friends in Korea who are not used to chopsticks.
 This made me think about some cultural differences in eating food. The way people eat are not the same around the world. Some use chopsticks, and some use spoons or hands. It depends on their culture. The way they eat depends on what they are eating. For Asian countries, such as Korea or China, they use chopsticks, because they eat a lot of noodles. On the other hand, western countries in Europe or the United States prefer to use forks. It is because they wanted to eat food as simple as possible.
 After thinking about the difference, It became a serious problem to know how they eat in their culture. Nobody wants to make mistakes at a friend's family dinner table. When We finished our meal, I really wanted to learn the culture of my friends. It seamed like a interesting thing to study about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment