Friday, October 2, 2015

Bake sale for refugees

Last Friday, Yael, Camille, and I did the bake sale at the school during lunch time and ET. It was a huge success. We made $252 for this sale. When we planned this bake sale, our goal was about $100. I had not expected this much support from the students and the teachers. Many people also donated money for the refugees.
One day, Yael suggested me to do bake sale in the school for the refugees from Syria. I was so impressed by her thought. I think she is very warm-hearted person, and I am thankful to meet her in this school. I accepted her suggest right away and told my guardian. Because my guardian loves to bake, she gladly decided to help us. Yael and I gathered more people to join us, Camille and Jean. All of them came to my home on Thursday and baked brownies and cookies together. Camille made brownies and cookies for vegan, too. I made brownies that I had baked for the ESL class before. This brownie was better than before because It didn't turn out hard like the one last time. It was very soft. We spent many hours for baking and had a great time. I had so much fun during baking with my friends. At lunch time, many students lined up to buy our brownies and cookies. Pete said this brownie was much better than the last brownies. Janis also said this brownie was very delicious. I was so thankful to everyone. The original purpose of this event was refugee problem, so I watched the video about the refugees with the unbelievable hardship. I hope our small effort could help the refugees.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, way to go! I am so glad you held this bake sale, and also that you worked with lots of new friends on it. I am also very worried about the refugees. We will be talking about this in English B soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bake sale for refugees is a very useful things People do their best to help others is our duty bound,and also can make us happy.

    ReplyDelete